Over the years the brides we have found to be the most relaxed. Chilled brides - are the ones who are organized, who can delegate and who are okay to relinquish control. Who can look at the big picture rather than that singular moment of "what? She wants to wear white to my wedding?!"
Or "Please DO NOT mention the rain again!"If you can achieve some form of mental stillness amid these moments by looking at the big picture. You will find the moments that become memories, will only be happy ones. Below are a few handy hints to help you prepare for the day and make it wonderful.
Our IGTV is at https://www.instagram.com/thelookbyusperth/
1. Timing....the most important aspect of the day. Be ready for the arrival of your makeup and hair stylists. Make them run late...you run late.
2. Bach's Rescue Remedy is an effective nerve calmer and homeopathic, so it is safe to use. It really does work. Use it plentifully.
3. Bach's Rescue Remedy for sleep is also helpful to put your mind in a pleasant, calm state rather than flashing thoughts and dreams of pyjamas at the altar.
4. Executive stress vitamin B for calming the adrenal glands below the chin will help prevent those "stress breakouts" around the chin, lower face region.
5. Don't wax or have facials 7 days before the wedding. Leave your skin to breathe and clear. Waxing removes the top layer of skin and makeup finds it difficult to hold in these areas. Also sometimes tiny lumps may occur from the wax being overly warm.
6. PLEASE remember to turn your volume back up on your mobile. It is amazing how many mornings I have tried to call brides who have turned their phones off to sleep in the morning and forgot to turn them back on. Set a separate alarm for this reason, if necessary.
7. Have all your contact numbers of suppliers, venues, friends helping out, groomsmen phone numbers on a list so its available for anyone to help check on deliveries, decorations, which side the button holes should be etc.
8. Have a towel ready to soak up the water from the base of the bouquets to prevent spotting on the dresses.
9. Drop any bra straps down from the shoulders at least an hour before the photographer is due to arrive to remove red lines.
10. Have your lipsticks ready for the makeup artist to use. Even if she uses her own you will still need a top up for during the day. Also a pressed powder is handy for warm, sweaty days or overly oily skin. Blot papers are also a good alternative.
11. Straws......they keep the lippy on the lips and off the champagne flutes!
12. Think about your menu for the morning. Bite size pieces of food that you can place in your mouth are best. This way you keep your makeup clean. Avoid garlic & onion for obvious reasons.(I'm sure my beautiful Italian brides will throw that piece of advice to the wind!)
13. Music, be it calming or uplifting always adds atmosphere.
14. Rub lips at night in the shower when wet with your fingers to get them prepped for soft juicy lips on the day. Wet Green tea bags are also a winner.
14. Delegate, delegate, delegate. Brides are busy enough as it is on the day so remove some of the stress.
15. Print speeches on nice paper so they can be retained for keepsakes.
16. Scuff shoes to prevent slipping.
17. Fake tans are best done 2 days before the wedding and not slept in.
18. Clothes need to drop down, not up over the head. Kimonos, sarongs and strapless dresses are best.
Stay tuned for more tips soon.
Makeup is of course a very important step toward your wedding day or an event that you are looking forward to. Finding the artist that fits with you and your vision for your day is paramount. If you are wanting that perfect glowing skin just know makeup only does half the job. Preparing your skin is just as important as the makeup you wear on your day.
So, how do I get that dewy, glowing skin?
Just a few simple steps can sometimes make the biggest of differences.
So, bring that inner glow to the outside now!
Selfishly, thank you for the beautiful skin you will present to us on your special day that makes our job just more fun!
One last mention that if you might be the bride that stresses on the inside and finds breakouts around your jawline and cheeks we highly recommend getting onto a strong Vit B like Blackmores Executive Stress Vit B to calm the stress glands down under the chin area. I promise every bride I have recommended this to has had great results…..along with a good skincare regime.
Jewel encrusted or Pearl headbands or beautiful handcrafted clips?
We had the privilege of styling some of these magnificent pieces for the #roxyjackenkoaccessories line.
Whether an event or just because you feel like glamming up Roxy delivers with such a wide range of pieces to suit any style.
Visit https://pixiespix.com.au/collections/roxys-pix and start adding to your collection.
FEATURED | We are incredibly honoured and excited to be featured on Magnolia Rouge today. Massive thank you to the amazing group of talented vendors who came together on this one for us!!
Photography - Jemma Keech Photography
Concept, styling and florals - Bits & Blooms
Venue - Ginger Morris
Dress - Samantha Wynne
Jewellery - Halo Diamonds
Makeup - The Look by Us
Hair - Milena Milio Hair and Makeup Design
Model - Keely Geier
Furniture - Heart Strings Hire + Style
Tableware - Winter wares
Stationary - Pluma and Papel
Cake - De La Rosa Cakes & Cupcakes
Videography - Orriss Films
Floral Sponsor - Profresh Flowers
This year's Emmys bring the eyeliner flicks and bright colours to the eyes. Enjoy the previews. Which is the one you like best?